Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Future

What will the world be like in 50 years? Here is an ongoing fun discussion at Marginal Revolution...a good example of why Tyler Cowen is my favorite blogger. As another blogger remarked, Tyler not only has an opinion of everything, he has thought about everything. Of course, not true, but still...

As many of you know, I am a huge Nassim Taleb fan. Check out his website at www.fooledbyrandomness.com/ There is a discussion there with Daniel Kahneman that I have to watch sometime. Apparently Nassim thinks we ought to nationalize the banks.

What do I think? I think we are pretty clueless because of the existence of Black Swans. Maybe the Great Disruption will be December 21, 2012. Whatever the black swans are, do not assume they will all be bad. Who in 1960 predicted the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment