Tuesday, April 6, 2010

optimism and banksters

I applaud David Brooks column here on the future of America. The glass is at least half full. Reminds me of Zakaria's wonderful The Post American World. Lots of good stuff around today on the silliness of some progressive stuff on China. Here is James Fallows.

Mike Konczal is becoming one of the more respected bloggers on financial reform. This makes me wonder why republicans are working so hard to prevent derivatives regulation. I smell a ridiculous compromise coming down the road from our politicians. Mike has been subbing for Ezra Klein this week and has been so good I may delete Ezra's link and add Rortybomb.

Finally, here is more Tyler Cowen wisdom on financial regulation. I may just give up thinking and believe whatever Tyler does.

Flying a little low today. Was too excited during the b-ball game to eat, but not to drink. So take the above with more than the usual amount of salt.

Addendum: Not sure why the Konczal link won't work. Check out the post on Matt Taibbi on Ezra Klein's link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment